Do you love giving your kindergarteners a gift as they leave your classroom for the last time? Here are some fun and affordable End Of School Gift Ideas For Your Little Learners.
Summer break is just around the corner. While teachers everywhere are looking forward to a well-deserved break, it’s bittersweet to see our amazing little learners leave our classroom. To make the last day of school more memorable, we can distribute special gifts for them to take home. This not only rewards their hard work, but also serves as a reminder of their incredible first year of school.
Here are some ideas for special gifts to hand out on the last day of school:
- A summer reading list with books recommended by the teacher. Print out a list on colored card-stock. Roll up and tie with a fancy bow and tag. A fun and engaging way for little learners to continue their reading journey throughout the summer.
- A small plant or flower for each student to take home and care for over the summer. Your local Wal-Mart or DIY hardware store will have a plethora of inexpensive potted plants or flowers. Just pickup a flat, insert a popsicle stick into the soil with a tag or sticker wishing them a fun summer. Your little learners will love taking care of this special gift!!
- A handwritten note from the teacher, expressing gratitude for the student’s contributions to the class. I can assure you, this will be cherished for years to come!!
- A class photo or memory book to commemorate the year. (Check out “End of Year Activities Bundle For Little Learners” for an easy memory book activity.)
- A book from your classroom library or one you have purchased for this purpose. Write a note inside. This book will be cherished for a long time.
- A kid-sized T-shirt that all the students can sign. This is a fun and festive keepsake for your little learners to take home.
**FREEBIE** Gift Idea
Looking for a simple and enjoyable treat for your kindergarteners? Look no further than POP-ITS and Fun Dip! Both can be purchased at your local dollar store. Simply place one of each into a snack-sized baggie, attach this editable **FREEBIE** tag, and you have a delightful and cost-effective gift for your little learners to take home.
On the last day of kindergarten, any small gift you choose to give your little learners will be cherished. It will be a wonderful way for them to remember their time in the classroom with their friends and their amazing teacher – you! This will also create excitement and anticipation for their return to school next year for 1st grade.