Do you give gifts to your kindergarten students during the first week of school? Children adore receiving presents, and this is an excellent opportunity to kick-start an exciting and interactive new school year. Take a look at some of these creative ideas for “Welcome to Kindergarten” Gifts for Your Little Learners.
As teachers, we often have a limited budget, but still want to give our students a small, fun gift on the first day of school. To make things easier for you, here is a collection of affordable gift ideas that you can give to your new kindergarten class to kick off the school year.
Low-Cost and Fun
- Stickers: Kids love stickers, and you can find them in a variety of themes, from animals to superheroes. Your nearest dollar store is likely to have a wide selection of packs and any leftover stickers can be used for other activities throughout the year. After purchasing a large pack, staple or tie a few pages together with a note. Voila!!! You have a fun and purposeful gift for your new students. (Sign up for Teachers Lounge to get a **FREEBIE** Lets Stick Together label download.)
- Pencils: Customized pencils with the name of your school or classroom can be a fun way to get your students excited about the new school year. You can find them online for a reasonable price.
- Kindergarten Pencils-“Kindergarten Here I Come” Pencils are fun and your new students will love them.
- Play-Doh: Kids love Play-Doh, and you can buy small containers for each student. It’s a great way to encourage creativity and imagination in the classroom. (Here is a DIY Playdough recipe that is easy and low-cost.)
- Coloring books: Coloring books are a classic gift for little learners, and you can find them in a variety of themes, from animals to popular cartoon characters. Check out your local dollar store.
- Bookmarks: Encourage your little learners to read with fun bookmarks that feature their favorite characters or animals. You can find them online or make your own.
Remember, the most important thing is to make your new kindergarten students feel welcome and excited about the new school year. A small gift can go a long way in achieving that goal.