This winter mitten themed rhyming game is perfect for your literacy centers this season! Not only is it multipurpose, but once you prep it you can use it over and over! Can I hear teacher win?
This Rhyming CVC Word activity consists of 3 multi-skill games. Once you prep these once, you can play over and over. Not only that but there are a variety of ways to play. Plus this set includes recording sheets, so your students will also practice writing the words as well.
- Students can use the mitten cards to match the rhymes.
- Students can sort by the middle vowel sound. This could be done on a desk or with a pocket chart.
- Use these cards as CVC word cards for write the room, pocket charts and more.
- 21 pairs of rhyming cards with displayed CVC word (Total of 42 cards)
- Vowel Cards (a,e,i,o,u) for middle sound sorting activity
- I Can cards to go with each activity
- Response sheets with various response amounts; including with and without a name space
Standards In Focus:
Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
Isolate and pronounce the initial, medial vowel, and final sounds (phonemes) in three-phoneme (consonant-vowel-consonant, or CVC) words. (This does not include CVCs ending with /l/, /r/, or /x/.)
Recognize and produce rhyming words.
Recognize that spoken words are represented in written language by specific sequences of letters.
Please Note: This is an instant download product. Please purchase on a desktop or laptop, as most mobile devices do not hold the capabilities to print documents such as this. Also, create a free account with Kindergarten Chaos Online Store to gain access to all purchases for life.