All About Writing For Kindergarten Teachers is a course that will help teachers learn to teach their little learners how to write. Teaching Writing to Little Learners can be challenging, but I’m here to help you master teaching writing with this All About Writing Course!
“Help!! How do you teach writing? Where do I start? What do I teach first?”
These are just a few of the messages that I receive weekly from fellow educators. I have found that many teachers of Little Learners are struggling with teaching writing and looking for direction, so their students can become successful writers.
Little Learners Teacher Academy – All About Writing is what you and every Kindergarten teacher needs IMMEDIATELY!
To sum it up nicely, I have taken the standards and foundations that are necessary and required for Kindergartners and will teach you how to efficiently and easily teach your students all about writing.
BUT WAIT! I’m not going to give you the information and just leave you to figure it out. I am going to provide resources and ideas to actually use what you learn with your students. I will also be available to answer any of your questions through our online community + live office hours.
What You’ll Learn:
- What to know before your students even step in on the first day of school
- What exactly Kindergarten writing is and the standards that apply
- Important Tools for teaching traditional Kindergarten writing standards.
- Tips and supplies for teaching foundations & mechanics (grip, strength and pressure, drawing, writing journals, etc.)
- Scope & sequence of writing for the year
- How to teach each standard; Including mini-lessons & mentor texts
- How to assess your students writing
Yes! This Is Amazing!
Have you ever felt like you’ve been in a boat without a paddle, while trying to teach writing? Take a deep breath or a huge sigh of relief because I have the paddle you need!
I quickly realized my first year in the classroom that, while I received a Bachelors in Elementary Education to become a teacher, I did not have the all of the tools necessary to actually TEACH the students that were sitting in front of me. I was given the writing standards and a stack of newsprint lined paper and then sent on my way to try and teach 25 kindergartners how to write.
My school tried many different writing programs and none of them were the perfect fit for my Little Learners. Most programs jump right into writing lessons, as if these students have had previous writing experience. That only frustrated them and me and the first year I felt like a failure.
But fast forward to when I started researching, taking classes and created a Writing scope & sequence and method that was not only developmentally appropriate, but produced results and Little Learners who LOVED writing!
I know you probably feel or have felt the same frustration that I once had and believe me YOU ARE NOT ALONE. I have talked to so many other Kindergarten teachers who feel this exact same way.
This All About Writing course includes 6 different modules, delivered straight to your inbox over the course of 6 weeks.
Each week, on Saturdays, I will deliver the planned module. This will give you ample time to dive into the week’s module before the next. Also, I will offer a Facebook Live, in the Exclusive Members Only Facebook Group, to further discuss each module and answer any of your questions.
Join The All About Writing Wait List To Join In August 2021.
- Intro to course – Course Outline – Purpose & Standards
- Module 1 – Foundations of Writing: What your need to know BEFORE you begin teaching writing
- Module 2 -W.K.1: Opinion Writing
- Module 3 – W.K.2: Informative Writing
- Module 4 – W.K.3: Narrative Writing
- Module 5 – W.K.5-8: Peer Editing & Suggestions; Collaborative Research Project Writing
- Module 6 – Assessments & YOUR Questions Answered
WAIT! There Are Bonuses Too!
- FREE Standard Based Printable Activities With Differentiated Options ($20 Value): These activities correlate with the tools that are taught in this course and will be helpful for implementing new techniques in your classroom.
- Free Printable Little Learners Teacher Academy Workbook: Keep notes, write down ideas and a place to remember questions to bring to the Facebook Lives.
- FREE Exclusive, Members Only Facebook Group: This is an online community where I can answer questions about the course, members can share ideas, concerns and celebrations.
- FREE 6 Weekly Facebook Live Sessions: These sessions will be helpful to answer any of your questions, help expand what you have learned and dive deep into writing.
- Exclusive Discount On Future Courses: This is a special discount for founding members only.
- Free Printable Course Notebook: Take notes as you go through the course as well as a space to write down questions you want to ask Abbie during the weekly Facebook Live sessions.