If you have a technology station for your little learners, it’s important to incorporate SOR (Science of Reading) activities to make it more impactful. Check out some of my favorite SOR Technology Station Activities for Little Learners.
Do you have a technology station in your kindergarten classroom? Regardless of what devices you use – iPads or a computer station – ensure that purposeful activities are incorporated that will engage and provide meaningful practice for your little learners.
Having a technology station in your kindergarten classroom can be a valuable tool for enhancing your students’ learning experience. Here are some tips to ensure that your technology station is used effectively:
- Choose age-appropriate apps and software that align with your curriculum and learning objectives. There are many educational apps and programs available that can help your little learners develop their literacy, numeracy, and critical thinking skills. Your school may have a particular program or website for you to use.
- Provide clear instructions and guidelines for using the technology station. This will help your students use the technology safely and efficiently, and will also minimize disruptions in the classroom. (Computer Station in the Kindergarten Classroom)
- Use the technology station as part of a balanced approach to learning. While technology can be a great learning tool, it should not be relied on exclusively. Make sure you also incorporate hands-on activities, group work, and other traditional teaching methods in your lesson plans.
- Monitor your students’ progress and adjust your technology station activities as needed. This will help you identify areas where your little learners may be struggling, and will also allow you to provide targeted support and feedback. (End of Year Assessments)
By following these tips, you can create a technology station that is both engaging and effective for your kindergarten students.
SOR (Science of Reading) Digital Activities
Boom Cards are my preferred digital activity for little learners. This self-checking platform is ideal for little learners and has a lot to offer. Whether in the classroom or distance learning, Boom Cards can be assigned for practice work, homework, remediation, or extension. The best part is that they are learning exercises presented in a fun game format, while simultaneously tracking valuable data for teachers. It’s no wonder they’re one of my favorite tools!
Boom Card Digital Literacy Activities
- Digital Alphabet – All About Letters Aa – Zz – Boom™ Deck Task Card BUNDLE–complete alphabet that is fun, engaging and purposeful for your technology station.
- Letter ID Back to School Supplies Matching Boom Cards™-practice matching uppercase and lowercase letters. This Back To School Supplies theme includes backpacks, pencils, scissors, glue, crayons, markers and more.
- Apple Tree Letter ID Matching Boom Cards™-letter ID and matching uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Blue Cat & His Shoes Letter ID Matching Boom Cards™–That cat and his white shoes is my favorite Pete The Cat book! Students can practice letter ID and matching upper and lower case letters.
- Brown Bear & His Friends Letter ID Matching Boom Cards™–Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See? Don’t you just LOVE that book? These were created for little learners to practice letter ID and matching uppercase and lowercase letters after reading the book.
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Letter ID Upper & Lowercase Match Boom Cards™ -practice letter ID and matching upper and lowercase letters.
- Fall Leaves Letter ID Matching Upper & Lowercase Boom Cards™– practice letter ID and matching upper and lowercase letters.
- Monster Beginning Sounds– practice matching beginning sound pictures to the correct letter.
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Missing Letter Boom™-practice letter ID, through finding the missing letter.
By utilizing these helpful tips and incorporating enjoyable, interactive, yet purpose-driven digital activities, you can create a technology station that fosters productivity and success for your little learners.