If you’re a follower of my social media or Kindergarten Chaos site, you’re aware of my passion for sensory bins for little learners. Here’s another excellent and meaningful resource to add to your arsenal: September Sensory Bin Task Cards. Your kindergartners will have a blast while learning with these hands-on sensory bin apple themed task cards.
Sensory bins have become increasingly popular in kindergarten classrooms for a variety of reasons. Here are some factors that make them effective:
- Encourage exploration: Sensory bins provide a hands-on, interactive experience for little learners. They allow them to explore different textures, colors, and materials in a safe and controlled environment. This helps children develop their curiosity and desire to learn.
- Develop fine motor skills: By manipulating and scooping materials in the sensory bin, children are developing their fine motor skills.
- Provide a calming effect: Sensory bins can have a calming effect on children. The repetitive actions of scooping and pouring can be soothing and help children regulate their emotions.
Overall, sensory bins provide a fun and engaging way for little learners to learn and explore. They offer a range of benefits that can support children’s development in multiple areas.
Sensory bins are (in my opinion) mandatory for little learners. So how do you make them purposeful? Simply add tasks cards with the academic skills you are teaching. Voila!! You have a fun, engaging, meaningful, hands-on activity full of sensory stimulation for your students.
These cards are downloadable, completely editable with the skills you want, printable and easy to use. With Apples as the September theme, these are a must have for this month.
Included in the September Sensory Bin Task Cards:
- 60 September Theme card templates
- Self-Assessment Response/Recording Sheet (5 style options)
Adding themed task cards to your sensory bins adds level of anticipation and excitement to the sensory station for your little learners.
Check out my KC Store for more monthly themed sensory bin tasks cards.